It's FINALLY summer! I am SO thrilled it finally got here. I couldn't be more excited for all of the bbq's, trips to the pool, lake or ocean and of course just lazing around soaking up all of the sun! It's my favorite time of year. To celebrate the beginning of summer I wanted to share with you guys my top 5 favorite places to take my family during our time together. Summer in vacationland is the best!
1) Birch Point Beach State Park (www.maine.gov/birchpoint) - I love this little beach! Nestled in a quite little cove right outside of Owls Head, it is the perfect spot to take your kids. It's not the same as going to Reid or Popham Beach but it definitely delivers!
2) While you are down in Rockland, check out the Rockland Antiques Mall (rocklandmarketplace.com)! It is a scavengers dream land! Maybe not totally kid friendly (which is why I usually drag my mom) but it is SO much fun!
3) DEW Haven (www.dewhaven.com) Located in MT Vernon this little animal haven is sure to please everyone in your family! DEW offers a view of a mix of exotic and domestic animals. Owners Bob and Julie are friendly and caring and you can tell they love what they do. It is a must visit for my family each summer.
4) Maine Waterfalls Road Trip (www.onlyinyourstate.com/maine/waterfalls-road-trip-me/) - If you are up for a little road trip then this is the one to do! Waterfalls are my FAVORITE and this trip maps out the very best waterfalls in the state! Bring your camera because you must capture the gorgeous scenery to remember for years.
5) Pemaquid Point Lighthouse - (http://bristolmaine.org/) This list wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Pemaquid lighthouse. I spent a lot of time in the summer vacationing in Pemaquid and absolutely loved going to the lighthouse to explore and take in the amazing view! Located in Bristol this place includes the lighthouse, the rocky coast line to explore and a gift shop and restaurant. It even has ice cream! It is a must for your summer family trip!
So that's it. My TOP 5 best places to take my family in the summer in Maine! Have you ever been to these places? What are your top 5? I'd love to hear them!