I'm so excited that Valentine's Day is almost here! I'm planning on having a quiet home cooked dinner with my husband and daughter on Sunday and I can't think of a better way to celebrate.
In honor of all things love, here is a list of 10 things that I L-O-V-E. Some are things, some are experiences and some are people and the relationships I have with them. So without ado -
1) My family - I am so fortunate to have not only my husband and daughter close, but most of my family live right here in central Maine. We get together as often as we can to catch up and celebrate all of the major holidays.
2) My friends - There is nothing like a good group of girlfriends. They pick you up and also smack you when your Ego is out of control. My girls are the best and I try to see them as often as I can. Some live near, some live far but all of them hold a special place in my heart.
3) My blanket - Yes, I have a security blanket. I always had one growing up and then in high school I put it away in my hope chest. When I was in college I went to TJ Maxx and picked up a throw blanket because my apartment was chilly. It is the most wonderful blanket in the whole world and I literally love it more than any other material thing that I have. Seriously. Addi tries to steal it all of the time and I always steal it back. I will probably be buried with it! LOL!
4) Mexican Food - I seriously love Mexican food so much that I could eat it every-single-day! I don't have a favorite dish either, just ALL of it. If I had my way, we would have Taco Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday....ok any day ending in 'y'. My hubby likes Italian food though, so I have to limit my tacos to once a week.
5) Mascara - Hello, my name is Kayte and I am a mascara junkie. I'm pretty sure I have tried every single one out there...I think. I can not leave the house without mascara on and also keep a small tube in my purse in case I happen to run out before I've had a chance to apply it.
6) My birthday - I love my birthday (which is about a week away in fact). It is the only day I can selfishly do everything for me! I celebrate myself by going to get my hair and nails done, I go shopping and then out to dinner. I also celebrate the fact that I am one year older, wiser and above ground still. Ha!
7) Romance novels - Oh yea! The trashier the better! I also love General Hospital and yes, I read 50 Shades and I liked it. But I did not like the movie.
8) All of the iPads, iPods, iMacs, MacBooks that I own - Seriously these machines are ah-mazing. I never thought I would be an Apple girl, but I am. I can't live without my iPhone and I don't want to even try...
9) Photographs, photo albums, framed portraits - This one is a no brainer, but I love looking at other peoples photographs. I ask my bff's all the time to see their wedding albums. I've seen them all a million times, but I love looking at them.
10) Meeting new people - I love meeting new people. I am such an extrovert that I could basically have a conversation with a wall and it would answer me back. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that, Lol. Regardless, I love meeting new people and hearing about their life and what they love. It's one of the best parts of my job.
So there ya go. The top 10 things that I love! I'd love to see you comment and let me know what are the top things you love!